Sunday, December 13, 2009

My First Ultra- In My Own Words, Sort Of

On the Saturday of my last weekend in Virginia, I ran the Mountain Masochist Trail Run that begins in Bedford County and travels through Amherst County before ending in Nelson County, Va. The 50+ mile race gains around 9,400 feet of elevation while losing close to 7,000. After 8 hours and 37 minutes of being on my feet, the race, like my time in Virgina, had come to an end.
Here's a Q@A that The News and Advance, my employer for the last three and a half years, ran in our Lifetyles section.
Thanks Liz, and Caroline.

http://www2.newsadvance.com/lna/lifestyles/local/article/ultra_runner_shares_peaks_and_valleys_of_50-mile_mountain_masochist_race/21398/

1 comment:

Drew Nash said...

Congrats on the run. Where the hell are you heading?